Sunday, May 20, 2012

CalArts Portfolio 2012
















My CalArts Portfolio 2012 (Accepted :)
This is the first time I'm properly posting up my CalArts Portfolio (which I submitted for my application last year). This was my second application to CalArts (I submitted one earlier in 2010) and I must say, after the first attempt, I learnt a lot more about how to improve, what to include and how to better present my works. More importantly, this whole process helped develop me further as an artist. 

Just 2 years ago, when I looked at all the past accepted portfolios by current/past CalArts students online, I thought to myself: what an impossible task this is. But I'm glad I tried (my best) and I'm really happy with the results. What I've discovered, is that no matter how impossible it seems at that time, all you have to do is set it as a goal, keep striving towards it and never look back. You will be surprised by how much one can achieve with passion and desire, and a bit of help along the way.

“And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.” 

Special thanks and gratitude go to all those who helped me along this artistic journey:
- Friends, Victor, Matthew, Jeremy, Isaac, Zhu Chuan, etc who made those life drawings sessions at Tisch/Goodman so much more enjoyable, and who inspired me with their equally awesome drawings.
- Tisch and Goodman Arts Centre (and all the models too, of course) for those figure drawing sessions.
- Past/current CalArts students, whose portfolios and artworks never failed to inspire me and spur me forward.
- and lastly Jiaying, for giving me every single bit of advice you could give, for motivating me every stretch of the way and letting me know that there's beauty in life. I would not have been able to reach this point without you.



















No comments: